Cycle the Victorian High Country - Beechworth to Bright
Cycle the Victorian High Country: Beechworth to Bright
Is there a better part of Australia to cycle through than the Victorian High Country? Framed by the Victorian Alps and dominated by the nearby Mount Buffalo, this is a region well known for its natural beauty, welcoming people and delicious wine. This cycling trip takes in the best of it at a pace set to enjoy and experience rather than get the heart racing. Kick things off in the well-preserved historic town of Beechworth, then cycle the famous Murray to Mountains Rail Trail through small gold-mining towns like Myrtleford before arriving into the heart of the High Country, Bright. Meander through wine country, enjoy some proper Victorian hospitality at local pubs and rediscover the joy of pedalling through one of the most gorgeous areas in the entire nation.
- Beechworth – Murray to Mountains Rail Trail guided ride
- Myrtleford – 3 days Bicycle Hire
- Bright – Brewery Tour & tasting paddle
- Cycle the spectacular Murray to Mountains Rail Trail, the best known and loved rail trail in Victoria, sampling the bounty of country Victoria along the way.
- Ride along flat, traffic-free paths alongside some of the High Country’s most stunning scenery.
- Begin your journey in Beechworth, a fascinating insight into the past and home to the Beechworth Bakery, official home of the Ned Kelly pie, and end at the renowned Bright Brewery for a brewery tour and tasting paddle.
- Experience firsthand the famous hospitality of local Victorians as you tackle a trail built specifically to cater to cyclists.